The Cat's Meow

The Cat's Meow

Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 More day



It has been about two weeks since my last blog and I hope you have missed it just a little. Sorry about the lapse.
About 10 days ago I decided it was time to get serious about getting rid of my chronic cough. I have tried all possible medications on the market, over the counter as well as prescription and none have made the slightest bit of difference. Both my general practitioner and the ear-nose-throat and allergy guy have been able to diagnose it. It is zapping me of all energy and work is a real chore. So, I think I know my body well enough to make a decision. Tomorrow we will do allergy testing for all inhalants, including everything in our new house, the cats and believe it or not deer.
In order to get a true reading I stopped taking all medicines except blood pressure for 10 days. It is getting a little harder every day. Less sleep, more cough, sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes etc. Two more days and I can start taking my Clairetin again and maybe know what is making me sick. So pray that it does show some kind of allergy. Ones we know what it is we can do something about it. I'll keep you posted.

But enough about being sick. We are working hard around the house. The grass is coming in nicely in the front yard and Bob has been working on the front porch all week. It had no slope to it so every time it rained (which isn't often) it would stand in water. Now that that has been remedied we are putting down tile. The tile is about the color of our brick and it is looking good. I can not wait until we are through so that I can put my plants back on the porch and hang my hanging baskets back up.
We have also been gathering flat rocks to build a walkway to our porch from the road. We have several, all lined up along the road waiting to be placed in our walkway. All that should make the yard look so great and I can finally start planning some landscaping.



We had a record week in the Cat's Meow. Isn't that power for the cause when you have no energy and would rather be in bed. But I should not complain. With the economy in the mess it is in I should welcome the work and income, and I do. Bob and I feel very blessed that both our businesses have done well in these tough times. We had a cute "Back to school" tea party for about 8 little girls and their moms and grandmothers. They had a realy good time as you can see on the pictures. I have ordered some books with tea party ideas and hope to do many more in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob tiling the front porch

Bob tiling the front porch

Livingroom

Livingroom

Livingroom and part of the Kitchen

Livingroom and part of the Kitchen